Leak Detection in Hollywood
Reliable Plumbing Services in Davie
A leak in your home is nothing to mess around with. When water is flowing when and where it shouldn’t, the potential for damage to your property is very high. For the sake of your home, your health, and your wallet, be sure to get help from a professional plumber whenever you suspect a leak.
At Dovis Plumbing, we are experts in finding leaks that you can’t see. If you hear water running in your house when all the water is shut off, you have a leak somewhere. We have specialized equipment to locate the source of the leak so we can make the most effective repair.
Let’s find your leak! Call (954) 504-6628 now to get a skilled technician heading your way.
How to Know You Have a Hidden Leak
Finding a leak is never a pleasant experience. Discovering one after it has caused extensive damage is even more frustrating. Over the years, we have helped countless customers who did not become aware of a leak until it was too late.
Fortunately, there are specific sounds, sights, and smells to keep on the lookout for that could indicate a leak on your property.
Signs that you might have a leaky pipe include:
- Mold and mildew
- Excessive foul odors
- Foundation cracks
- Wet spots on walls, floors, or ceilings
- Damp or overgrown patches of lawn
- A sudden increase in your water bill
If you notice any of these signs, it is crucial to take care of the matter sooner rather than later. By contacting our expert plumbers right away, we can help prevent further damage and minimize repair costs.
The Water Meter Test
If you want to be more certain that you have a leak before you call a professional plumber, you can carry out a simple test. Don’t worry; it is not that hard! If you have a water meter, you can conduct this test, and it involves three easy steps.
The steps for the water meter test include:
- Turn off all water taps and appliances
- Note the reading on your water meter
- Wait for three hours and read your water meter again
If the reading on your meter has changed, it likely means you have a leak. Your next move is to contact our leak detection specialists for help finding and resolving the leak.
Causes of Water Leaks
Water pipes never start leaking without a cause. So why do you have a leak?
Common reasons for water leaks include:
- Corrosion: when anti-corrosive treatments lose their effectiveness, metal pipes corrode, which often results in cracks, holes, and looseness
- Age or wear: as materials age and are used extensively they become more susceptible to damage that can lead to leaks
- Negligent repairs: DIY repairs and fixes performed by inexperienced plumbers can often lead to problems that trigger water leaks
- High water pressure: when the pressure of the water is more than your pipes are designed to handle, water can start leaking through the seams and the pipes can even burst
- Freezing temperatures: when water freezes it expands, and when this occurs inside of pipes it can cause them to crack or burst
Best customer service I have found in Florida.- Dawn B.
He fixed all my issues. I will use them again!- Tom P.
Excellent job, he response quickly.- David M.
They communicate so you know just when they’re coming.- Barbara W.
A1 Quality Service- Pauline T.