Garbage Disposal Repair in Hollywood, FL
Effective Plumbing Solutions
Garbage disposals help break down foods that come straight off the dinner plate and into the sink. One of the most useful kitchen tools, disposals are prone to breaking down if the sink drains become clogged. Rather than trying to attack a broken garbage disposal yourself, you should turn to a trusted plumber. Attempting to fix these mechanisms is a serious safety hazard. You could seriously injure yourself in the process and still end up without a working sink.
Unsure of what you shouldn’t put through your garbage disposal? Here are a few items your disposal can’t breakdown:
- Coffee grounds
- Buffalo wing bones
- Rib bones
- Any type of grease
- Potato skins
Signals Your Disposal Needs Repair
Often, people will continue using their sinks unaware that the garbage disposal isn’t operating at its fullest capacity. While this isn’t detrimental to your home’s entire plumbing system, it could eventually lead to other problems like leaks in your pipes. Here are three signs that your disposal needs repairs:
- Bad Odor – have you noticed a foul stench that won’t dissipate? It’s possible your disposal isn’t breaking down food and waste as it should. In turn, this leaves the food in your sink’s drain. A lingering odor could be a signal you need to contact our plumbing experts and let us take a look!
- Unique Noises – anytime the disposal gets run, it usually alarms the entire house. To some, it sounds like a car starting up. To others, it might sound like a lawnmower. Either way, most homeowners know how it should sound. Any noises that don’t sound normal could mean somethings clogged and needs immediate professional attendance.
- Water Collection – using your garbage disposal is supposed to allow for water to run down your sink efficiently. If water starts collecting at the top of your drain, it could be the result of your disposal failing to remove foods. Puddles could mean that you need a plumbing expert to remove unwanted foods from your kitchen sink.
Tips for a Functional Garbage Disposal
At Dovis Plumbing, we make it a goal to do more than just fix your issue. We want to provide insight and information that helps our loyal customers avoid any future plumbing problems. When it comes to your garbage disposal, there are a few practices that can make this useful kitchen tool last longer. Here are a few tips to help prevent future disposal complications:
- Avoid hard items – Everything that goes down the garbage disposal should have a soft texture.
- Amount restrictions – Don’t pour everything on your plate down the sink all at one time. Release your food waste in stages. This helps the disposal break down items as it goes, rather than all at once.
- Warm water – Once you’re finished using the disposal, run warm water down the drain. This helps clean the blades and keep the mechanism at top performance.
Why Choose Us?
Kitchen plumbing is a top priority for every home to function. Our team of licensed plumbers is committed to making sure every customer can use their kitchen to its fullest potential. Here are a few ways that we’ve built a strong bond with our loyal customers:
- Integrity – we don’t take shortcuts. Getting the job done honestly and effectively is a value that our entire team holds.
- Family – when you work with Dovis Plumbing, you’re more than just a customer. You’re family. We treat each home's plumbing problem like it’s our own. There’s no job too big or too small for our team!
- Professionalism – showing up ready to work is more than just a mindset. Our team is fully equipped with the industry’s best equipment and tools.
For more information on garbage disposal repair, contact our team of certified plumbing experts today!
Top-notch customer service!- Lisa P.
Best customer service I have found in Florida.- Dawn B.
He fixed all my issues. I will use them again!- Tom P.
Excellent job, he response quickly.- David M.
They communicate so you know just when they’re coming.- Barbara W.